Saturday, September 10, 2005
Juan Pablo Montoya has taken pole position for tomorrow’s Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps, his second in as many races.
Kimi Raikkonen completed a McLaren lock-out of the front row, but a slight mistake on his qualifying lap meant he lost out to Montoya by 0.049s.
Giancarlo Fisichella set the third fastest time but will be relegated ten places due to his engine change this morning.
His place on the inside of the second row will be taken by fellow Italian Jarno Trulli, who once again lived up to his reputation as a master of single-lap qualifying with a superb lap in the Toyota.
World championship leader Fernando Alonso had a solid if unspectacular lap and will start fourth ahead of the two Schumacher brothers.
A full report will follow shortly.
Starting grid for the Belgian Grand Prix
1. MONTOYA McLaren 1m46.391s
2. RAIKKONEN McLaren 1m46.440s
4. ALONSO Renault 1m46.760s
5. R.SCHUMACHER Toyota 1m47.401s
6. M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m47.476s
8. BUTTON BAR 1m47.978s
9. WEBBER Williams 1m48.071s
10. SATO BAR 1m48.353s
11. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m48.508s
12. BARRICHELLO Ferrari 1m48.550s
13. FISICHELLA Renault 1m46.497s*
14. VILLENEUVE Sauber 1m48.889s
15. PIZZONIA Williams 1m48.898s
16. KLIEN Red Bull 1m48.994s
17. DOORNBOS Minardi 1m49.779s
18. ALBERS Minardi 1m49.842s
* forfeited 10 places due to engine change