<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 29, 2005

KIMI: Don't take me for granted 


Kimi Raikkonen has warned McLaren that his loyalty shouldn't be taken for granted and that he could switch teams if its reliability doesn't improve.

The Finn told a packed press conference in Hungary that although he is contracted to McLaren for 2006, his future beyond that remains unclear. "I still have a contract for next year and concerning my future, I don't really know what is happening," he said. "I have not made my mind up. Maybe I stay with them, because I am happy with all the people there, even if we have had some difficult times."

The Finn has suffered a series of technical failures that have played a significant part in the downfall of his championship campaign. The most recent of these was a hydraulic failure in the German Grand Prix, which saw him end the weekend 36 points behind the world championship leader Fernando Alonso.

"We need to work in a better way just to make sure that the car is very reliable," said Raikkonen. "I think the speed of the car is very good so once we get everything else sorted, I think I will be more than happy to stay."

"I believe in the team. I don't know if it is luck or bad luck, but I don't really believe in those things. "We just need to keep working hard and make sure that we don't have any problems."

Raikkonen also conceded that although it is still mathematically possible to catch Alonso, his title hopes have all but disappeared. "We are slipping away a little bit too much now," he admitted.

"We still have a chance but I think we have to be realistic, so it is not there without any problems to anyone else."


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?